My Blog List

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Okonomiyaki (aka Japanese Pancake)

I love Japanese food. Japanese food is more than Sushi or Tempura. I think I have better write some articles to introduce some highly recommended Japanese dishes.

I never like pizza, our very own Roti Canai beats it by miles. American pancake is still ok, but Japanese pancake beats them hand down. I first tried them (Kansai-style Okonomiyaki) during a business trip to Japan, VERY OISHI NEH, with mugs of beer of course!

Referring to Wikipedia, Kansai-style Okonomiyaki is a pan-fried batter cake. This is the style of okonomiyaki found throughout most of Japan. The batter is made of flour, grated yam, water or dashi, eggs and shredded cabbage, and usually contains other ingredients such as green onion, meat (generally pork or bacon), octopus, squid, shrimp, vegetables, kimchi, mochi or cheese.

...Enjoy!

No comments:

Words borrowed from Dr. Alexander Elder:

Trading is so exciting that it often makes amateurs feel high ...Nobody can get high and make money at the same time.

Latest Posts!

Blog Directory

Google Search