My Blog List

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Case Study: Picorp

Had been discussing, and tape-reading this counter with chatter "puteri" for quite a while, as we were quite skeptical about its recent chart movement and sustainability. Today we talked about it again. "puteri" mentioned its NTA was 0.81 (as at 31/Dec/2007). That got me interested, and I checked on its 31/Dec/2007 NTA, EPS, Cash. I did a rough calculation base on its numbers of shares then. It was rather impressive that it had about RM0.37 cash per share, EPS RM0.1356 and trading at about PE 4.4x. Oh boy, how wrong was I! Little did I know it had splitted and given bonus from 1 to 5, and 2 for 5 on 2/Jan/2008. (Very cunning picorp, as leno put it.) Thanks to chatter "leno" came in as swift as Zorro, corrected me that its EPS should be less than 0.02 and was trading at PE 30x. My mistake was I skipped to reconfirm its current shares issued. Leno, I will remember that.

Lesson learned: Step by step, one step at a time, missing a step would be disasterous . :D

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Actually these are Leno's comments. I think it is well written, please read from bottom up, the anal-abs up.. :D

21:27 leno
it will come to a point when u will doubt yourself and really really want to join in ... 12-Mar-2008 21:26 leno
Picorp is like a juicy worm wringling, but u noticed that it is a bait, but then, every other fish was rushing and eating eat.
12-Mar-2008 21:22 leno
so, it pays to be careful and diligent
12-Mar-2008 21:15 leno
and ppl calculated at that time its EPS is at least 20 sen and share price was 60 sen, therefore PE appear at 3 !!!
12-Mar-2008 21:14 leno
Hubline share split happen before the it Q3 report, therefore the EPS did not reflect truly in the Q3 report
12-Mar-2008 21:13 leno
actually Picorp and Hubline share the same miscalculation, only hubline happen somewhere bet oct to jan last year

Words borrowed from Dr. Alexander Elder:

Trading is so exciting that it often makes amateurs feel high ...Nobody can get high and make money at the same time.

Latest Posts!

Blog Directory

Google Search